Jason
Jason, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  15yrs experience
63955563

I have Fedders window unit model # XXXXX and it throws

I have Fedders window unit model # XXXXX and it throws water out of the vent when it rains hard. It has done this since new which was one year ago. What causes this?

Thank you for using Just Answer. I will be glad to assist you in your answer. Think about safety when doing repairs, electric, water, gas, ect.

The water from the outside should be able to build up toward the inside of the unit. Make sure the unit is sloped toward the outside. In other words, the outside portion of the unit should be lower than the inside. This will cause the water to drain to the outside, and out the drain hole as it should. If the unit is dirty, with leaves, and other debree, then you may need to take the unit out side, and spray it down with the garden hose and clean it up. Allow a couple hours for it to dry before plugging the unit back up, try to avoid spraying the controls, that will help. If this information has assisted you, please give me a god to great rating.....Thank you

I noticed that you were not able to give me a good to rating at this time. If there is anymore information that you need, please let me know. I will know that I have answered your question when I see the great rating.....thanks