DTech80, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  3rd generation tech/owner. 12+ years of in home appliance repair service experience, over 15,000 repairs completed. Regular contributor of articles on appliance service to Marcone World Magazine.

Hi- We have a Miele dishwasher model G870SC that doesnt complete

Hi- We have a Miele dishwasher model G870SC that doesn't complete its washing cycle. The timer stalls in one posiiton, usually in the main wash cycle. A repairman said the timer wasn't turning on the heating element, and that without the water being hot enough, the timer would not advance. He also said our heating element was OK. He looked into a new timer and it isn't available any longer, so a new dishwasher is in order. He does not sell Mieles but has a Kitchen Aid with a soft water feature (the soft water is important to us). We still would rather have a Miele. Is he on the right track?? And is there some timer available that would work - and save us over $1,000??
Thanks for your reply.

Duncan Abbott, [email protected], (NNN) NNN-NNNN

DTech80 :

Hello, I'm David. I'll be helping you solve your problem. Since this probably isn't something that can be diagnosed over the internet I'll say that Miele's are VERY complex machines. Most techs I know won't service them. It's possible that the diagnosis is incorrect. It might be worth a call to Miele factory service.

DTech80 :

They can send out their own tech, or one trained on Miele, to give you a second opinion. It might be worth the service charge to know for sure. If it is the timer, and it's not available, there is nothing else that can be used.