Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Kenmore electric range model 95989 is making electronic

Kenmore electric range model 95989
is making electronic beeping sound and flashing F-1
There was nothing on the stove, no burner was turned on
I pushed cancel...the clock came on momentarily and then the beeping and flashing resumed.
I have unplugged stove as it was driving me crazy
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So unfortunately F1 is a very straight forward error and not a good one at all I'm afraid. It means that your display control board has detected an internal short inside itself. Try to unplug the oven for 60 seconds to see if the electronics will reset. If that doesn't work, the display board itself would need to be replaced in order to fix this problem.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!