Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

Frigidaire stackable washer dryer. Dryer electric no heat.

Frigidaire stackable washer dryer. Dryer electric no heat. Checked heater, cut off and thermostat for continuity. All tested good. Why no heat?
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

Did you pull the wires off when you tested the parts?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes, tested all 3x too. Also, getting proper voltage
Ok Pat give me a minute to look up the model number to check everything has been checked.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok tha ks
Ok Pat thanks for that, ok seems like you have tested everything that it could be on the heat system, Your problem is either going to be one of two.

Either the timer has failed or the centrifugal switch on the motor has failed, To figure out which pull the wire harness off the motor, next put a link between the two large wires on the wire harness. Once you have a wire link in start the dryer on a 30 minute timed cycle. Dont worry the drum wont spin, what your looking for is to see if the heater fires up.

If the heater fires up then the centrifugal switch on the motor is bad, you will need to replace the motor, if the heater does not fire up then you will need to replace the timer.

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
When u say link do u mean a jumper wire? Also, not sure which wires you're referring to. I have a thick red wire, tan, green, brown and another thick red one that's coupled with a thinner red one going into the harness. Also, this is a stackable - should i put drum and front back on then start it or can I leave drum and front off ?
Yes a jumper wire, on the wire harness there will be 2 thicker wires normally to the far left and far right on the wire harness, these two wires will be thicker then the others, you will need to jump a wire between these two wires. They also would normally be reds.

Yes put the link in, make sure the harness is not touching onto anything (id normally put the link in and then tape the wire harness.

Put the front back on or at least make sure the door switch is hooked up, you can leave the drum out and the belt off, so long as everything electrical is hooked up and the link is between the two large wires.

If the heater fires up then your motor is bad.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok so I take a jumper wire and insert it into the end contacts in the harness correct? Do I then plug the harness into the motor then start it?
No leave the wire harness loose, we dont want the motor to be turning, basically what we are doing is bypassing the cetrifigal switch bult into the motor to see if the heater fires up.

Yes take a wire and insert it into the two contacts on the harness not the motor.

Thanks!

Mike.