Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

i have a bocsh dishwasher model she4ap06uc.when the cycle should

i have a bocsh dishwasher model she4ap06uc.when the cycle should of been finished.it didnt drain and the cycle light was flashing.i had to unplug it so it would take a command.and i pushed cancel and it drained.same thing happened the next time i tried it.any ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So there really is nothing that should cause the cycle light to flash even if there was an error and the dishwasher was detecting it. This just means that the dishwasher thinks you opened the door or the control board is bad. Now it sounds like you were not able to just restart the dishwasher once it stopped and had to unplug the unit to get it to work again which means that it sounds like your control board itself is going bad and not that your door opening for a split second in the middle of the cycle. The control board itself would need to be ordered and replaced to solve this problem I'm afraid and that normally costs about $150 or so.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

where is the door switch on this model.and is that the control board in the console or the one under the dishwasher?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
The door switch is part of the latch assembly inside the control panel directly in the middle.

As for the board that is failing, there is no way to know for certain which one, but usually the one under the dishwasher on the far right is the one that has failed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

is there a key dance so i could check the board?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
There is not unfortunately, you must just go by symptoms.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.