Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have an 8 year old Whirlpool side-by-side refrigerator Model

I have an 8 year old Whirlpool side-by-side refrigerator Model GC3PHEXNSOO with S/N FR3925182, The door handle is loose and needs to be tightened. I see no visible hole or opening on either the handle or behind the rubber seal when the door is open. How do I tighten the handle. The handle is about 53 inches long and appears to be attached near the top and bottom by a single bolt.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So this handle is quite difficult to remove. You need to grab the handle and pull straight UP with a jerk and it should pull off. Now since it's loose it may have a hard time coming off so you may need to put a wood block under the bottom off the handle and have someone hit the wood block with a hammer upwards while you pull up on the handle to get it off if it gives you trouble. Once the handle is off, you can just tighten the bolts down going into the handle brackets that attach to the dor and you should be good to go again.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!