Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Good morning. So my Frigidaire dishwasher has been flooding

Good morning. So my Frigidaire dishwasher has been flooding my kitchen floor the past 2 days. I removed the trap to see if I could see any food... none seen. I used a bowl to empty out the bottom of the dishwasher. But there's this little hole midway up the side wall that is trickling water into the dishwasher. I turned the valve to "off" under my sink, but it still trickles. Advice?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

The problem is that your electornic water valve is failing and not sealing up properly. Those valves under the sink rarely seal up properly unless the valve is new so there will always be dripping water coming out through the valve under the sink even when you turn it off. Either way, below is a link to the electronic water valve you need to order and replace under the dishwasher which is the only possibly part that can cause this problem. You need to order and replace it to fix this issue.

CLICK HERE for valve

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Okay, so that I understand you I'm going to repeat what I think you are saying and if what I'm saying is matching up. You're saying the valve under sink is leaky - even when I turn it off. Inside my dishwasher is the issue... there is a small hole inside the dishwasher - on the side wall nearest my sink. It is continually running water at a trickle pace down into the bottom of my dishwasher. I think I turned off the valve under the sink. This is what I did: There are two shut-off valves opposite of each other on the same line. One tube runs up to the dishwasher. It has a valve on that side of this connecting valve to the hot water pipe that runs up to my sink. Is this still the problem with the dishwasher? I turned the little valve up facing whereas the other two valves to my hot and cold water to my sink are in the side position (same line as the tubes/pipes). Am I making sense?... and is the valve still the issue?

So that is not quite correct. There is another valve. The electronic water valve under the dishwasher. This is the valve you need to replace. If you remove the kick panel below the door, you can access this valve for replacement. It looks just like the part in the link that I gave you before.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Okay. So I have to wait for the valve to come OR have a plumber come with the part - but until then the water will continue to drain into my dishwasher???

Aye, since the valve under your sink isn't sealing up properly, you'd need to wait for the valve to come or call a technician (not a plumber to replace the electronic water valve) to fix the issue.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So what kind of technician? An appliance technician?

Aye, and appliance technician. If you're handy and wanted to replace the part yourself, you can probably pick up the part locally at a Sears Parts and Service Center if you have one near you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

All righty. No. I am NOT handy. But, the parts link you gave me should help the technician get the part BEFORE he comes to the house. Thank you.

Not a problem at all, you are correct. Just have him order partNNN-NN-NNNNand then he'll have it when he comes out.