Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

I have a Maytag Neptune Front Loader with "FL" code, the lid

I have a Maytag Neptune Front Loader with "FL" code, the lid switch is bad I believe, can I fix it myself? I had a repairman out for the same problem a couple years ago and all he had to do was something with the spring and he left me instructions on how to get the front off if i ever needed to do that. It has always fixed itself after a couple of tries (of closing the door firmly) but I haven'y been able to get it to go for 3 days and it is really hot on top above the instrument panel. HELP...I love my maytag and thank you
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

Can you give me the model number please from the sticker under the lid please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am not at home right now so I can not do that I should have brought with me , it's a neptune front loader approximately 6 years old do I need to wait til tomorrow until I can get my model number?

No I was just going to look the part number up for you, Yes this is a fairly easy fix, Pull the power cord then open the machine up, It's unlikely you'll be able to repair the lid locks by adjusting a spring this time but you could try, pull the lock out and try stretching the spring, if this fails to cure the problem then you should replace the lock. You can get the lock from the link below.

Click here to order the parts

Now don't forget Stacey, Even after you rate me if you have a question or you would like clarification on part numbers you can come back to this question at any time for additional assistance at no further charge.

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How do I get back to you say tomorrow if I need to?

Bookmark this page or go to your email inbox, Every time I reply there will be a email with the link to this question :)

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am trying to rate you excellant but it says access denied after I hit the submit key

I will submit this to customer service to have them do it, seems to be a problem with the site, Thanks Stacey.