Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

My Whirlpool SF367LXSB range oven is no longer working. When

My Whirlpool SF367LXSB range oven is no longer working. When I select bake and press the start button the oven makes the normal sounds as before, but now it seems like the oven is trying two times to ignite but fails. The broil or self-cleaning fails as well. Any suggestions? Are there technician, test procedures used to diagnose problem from the control panel, diagnostic codes that are accessible via the control panel? I'm a tech and good handyman, I just need to know where to begin the diagnoses so that I can know what parts to order. thx, Steve
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

Hello, can you give me a minute to look up the model number please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sure, I'm standing by the oven now with my laptop ready to go

Thanks for that Stephen, Ok the problem here is either going to be one of two, either the valve has failed or the spark module has failed, to figure which grab a ohm meter and test the gas inlet valve, I have included a picture below where to test and what the reading should be.

graphic

Once you have tested the valve if you don't get the reading marked then you should order the valve.

Click here to order the valve.

If the valve reads as specified then replace the spark module.

Click here to order the spark module

The spark module is located inside the control panel.

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What's the best way to get access to the gas inlet valve?

Pull the unit away from the wall :) should be right at the rear where the gas supply pipe hooks up to.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Bottom red wire to middle orange wire reads 213

middle orange to top blue wire reads open

Then you have found the problem and will need to order the valve.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I read an article about the control board having a problem sensing enough gas pressure, could that be a problem?

No Stephen if you tested the valve and one of the coils reads open then the problem is the valve.

Replace the valve and you will be all set.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank You Mike

Your Welcome!

Thanks