Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair

I have a 1979 Litton wall oven, model # XXXXX and the oven

I have a 1979 Litton wall oven, model # XXXXX and the oven door will not close because the clasp that locks the door is closed and will not allow the door to close. This happens when the knob is inadvertently turned to self clean while the door is still open. I know that the instruction book explains how to fix this but the booklet is lost.
Hello..It is my Pleasure To Be Working With You Today...Sorry you are having this problem..With the door open..Press in on the door switch..Restart the self clean.All the while holding the door switch in .Once the self clean starts cancel the self clean..This should retract the door latch..Also please remember to rate my time and answer to you at "OK" or greater before leaving today..If you have any further questions i will be standing by.