Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.

hi Jon My Samsung Dryer has an error code "he" Is that something

hi Jon
My Samsung Dryer has an error code "he"
Is that something I can fix??

Jon : Hello again.
Jon : The he error code for your dryer is just a temp error. It thinks the dryer is not heating properly
Jon : Usually it is just the thermistor in the dryer that needs to be replaced. Quick cheap fix.

My wife thinks the same,,she hates the dryer and says it also has a moldy smell

Where is the thermistor located?

Jon : Give me about an hour to look up the parts info. I'll get back to you here with it so you can order it. Then I'll get you the steps to install it yourself. All so you can save a lot of money rather then having a repair company do it for you.
Jon : The thermistor is in the front if the drum. But I will look up the driahtams for your model and get back to you for sure.

ok thank you, XXXXX XXXXX work soon and will check back later tonight

Jon : My kid woke up crying so I have to get back to you in about an hour. Sorry.
Jon : Sorry for the delay. Thank you for understanding. Two small kids. Crazy mornings
Jon : The thermistor is part number dc32-00007a. Should cost about $15.
Jon : You can actually get the part cheaper going through this website below. Just copy and paste the website below to you browser to open and view and order the part.
Jon :
Jon : now let m get you the steps you need to gt to the thermistor.

ok i am waiting

Jon : Sorry
Jon : frst you need to unplug the machine.
Jon : then you need to pull the dryer out a bit from the wall to access the screws onthe top of the back panel
Jon : Sorry
Jon : forSorry for this dryer you don't need to access theback you can remove the front panel.
Jon : to do this you will need a putty knife
Jon : stick the putty knife inbetween the top and front panels of the dryer. And feel for the clips that need to be pushed in.
Jon : there are two clips, one on either side of the front panel that hold the top and the front panel together. The clips are about 3-6 inches I from either side of the front panel.
Jon : so stick the putty knife in and slide it towards the middle of the dryer starting at one should feel the clips.
Jon : when you hit the clip remove the putty knife and push it into the clip front the front. You will be depressing the clip in and will have to pull the top of the dryer up at the same time. Once both clips are pushed in you can easily remove the top panel and fold it back towards theback of the dryer.
Jon : with the top panel folded or hinged back you will see the two screws holding the front panel to the side of the dryer cabinet. Remove this se screws then openthe door and remove the two screws onthe front frame of the panel. The door and entire front panel will come off.
Jon : with the door and front panel off you will see the drum and the lint screen inThe bottom middle of the cabinet. Just behind that lint screen onthe blower housing you will see two thermostats. The more oven looking thermostat is the thermistor.
Jon : Just remove the screw holding the thermistor to the blower housing and replace with the new one.
Jon : then close the whole thing up going in reverse order.
Jon : let me see if I have a video I can show you.
Jon : Cant find the video link right now. I'll keep checking if you need me to but may have to wait until the morning. Please let me know if you have any troubles getting to the thermistor and ill help more.

Please get back to me here if you have any other questions or concerns with this dryer and I will help you more.

And inThe meantime I will continue to look for a video that will show you how to remove the front and top panels of this machine so you can access and replace the thermistor.

Please use the link I posted to you above to get the part. The thermistor is real cheap and should cost less then$10.

Please also remember to positively rate my performance below this chat now with ok service or better rating so that I can get credit form the website for helping you. But please feel free to get back in touch with me here at any time and I will help you more for no additional charge.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I would like to see the video and do the repair before rating

I will rate this experiance

Usually you will rate my performance positively for the answer and help. And the repair and or fix of the appliance is a bonus.
Tou can rate me positively now then change the rating later if the fix doesn't work for some odd reason. But if that happens inwould hope Youbwoukd get back to me here and let me know that first.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I just recieved the parts. Still not sure where the parts are located in the dryer.

Would like to see a video of opening the top from the from the front

I am afraid of marking up the dryer or chipping it. it just over a year old

Let me see what I can do for the video. If I find one I will upload it new so you can take a look.

Otherwise, get back to me here and I will give you step by step directions on how to access and replace the thermistor.