Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair

I have a model ABC2037DTB REFRIGERATOR(AMANA/MAYTAG) WITH A WOODEN DOOR KIT. I have a large gap on the left side only of the bottom freezer drawer. Was there anything I should have installed to keep the freezer drawer from rotating toward the floor. it doesn't seem that the simple slide rail mechanism would be enough?
Hello..It is my Pleasure To Be Working With You Today...Did you recently install the door kit..?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, it's been there for years.

Ok great..So you recently noticed the door had a gap at the left side ..? Correct..?..If so..Then you will need to either adjust the gear assembly ..#31...#32..Adjust the left side a few teeth in advance..Which will pull in on the left side of the door once closed. Or replace the slide rails.

Also if the gap is just at the bottom area and not running along the complete left side of the door..You can take a few washers and install them in between the door and the door bracket at the top..Which will push the top of the door out and the bottom in..This is a simple fix rather than replacing the rails.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the gap is at he top 12 inches on the left side.

Ok great..First try adjusting the gear at the back..Make sure the fridge is level ..Instead of installing the washers at the top..Install them at the bottom..Which will bring the bottom out and the top in...If all else fails then you will need to replace the rails..Ive used the shims many times..It works well ..Thanks Bob