Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair
14958677

Our washer door will not unlock after a full cycle...it seems

Our washer door will not unlock after a full cycle...it seems it will not do a full spin cycle...is there a way to open it so we can get our damp towels out
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So unfortunately the model number you have listed is a part number and not a model number? Do you have the model number which will start with letters and not numbers by chance? If not, then is this a front load or top load washer? Cabrio or Duet? etc...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a front load....stackable in my Rv...separate, stand alone dryer
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
OK so is this a full size or an apartment size? Duet or Duet sport or neither?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is not dull size, the dryer Manual says it is a 120 volt electric compact dryer....the washer manual says nothing...the dimensions are: 23 3/8 in wide; 33 1/4 in high;
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
OK without a model I really can't help with this unit unfortunately so I'll opt out and if someone else can help they will chime in.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, thanks anyway
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 1 year ago.
Hello..It is my Pleasure To Be Working With You Today.Are you still needing help with your washer door problem..?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good morning....as you can see above, I cannot find the model number of the washer..last night, it ran through its rinse/spin cycle completely and the light said "done". Door is still locked and "start light is blinking....I turned off the breaker when I went to bed, got up this morning and still will not open and " start" button is blinking

Morning to you..Does your washer look like this one..?

graphic

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Similar, it has two dials instead of the one and buttons this one has
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I send a pic?
Ok perfect..Does the display light up..And have you noticed any error code showing up Such as a F30..?..Yes you can send a picture..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have a display the error code could show on. My Motorcoach is a 2008 Monaco so I'm thinking this is an '08 or '09 model compact washer, bigger than apartment size, smaller than regular size..

Not sure how to send pic Is there an email address I can send it to?
There should be a icon in your reply window on the menu bar to attach a picture...Is there water in the bottom of the washer at this time..?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No icon in reply box

I don't think there is water, I opened the drain filter at the bottom and no water came out, but I can't see inside
Ok great so you have removed the cover at the bottom correct..? Is this cover somewhere around 4 inches tall from top to bottom..Or is it more like 15 inches tall..?
You said you had access to the dryer..What is the model number off the dryer.?.Should be on the door or frame.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It says "Compact 123-00

If you have all the water out of the drum..Then your problem is going to be a faulty doorlock switch..If the opening at the bottom where you removed the panel to drain the water is only in the area of 4- 6 inches in height..Then your washer does not have a release for the door lock..Your only fix is to forcible open the door..Then replace the doorlock as the mounting screws to the doorlock are covered up by the door itself..You can access the doorlock from the top by removing the screws at the top back of cover..Slide the cover off..Unplug the washer..Take a flashlight shine it down at the 3 o'clock position on the door...Take a long tool (socket extension etc.) Plug the washer back in..Then tap on the lock body..Sometimes this will release the lock to open the door..If all fails then your only action would be to force the door open ..As you will need to replace the doorlock anyways..Thanks Bob

Experience: 23 Years Major Appliance Repair