Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair

I have a Frigidaire washing machine. When it is spinning it

I have a Frigidaire washing machine. When it is spinning it starts making a really loud screeching sound. Does this unit have a belt that could be slipping in it?
Hello..It is my Pleasure To Be Working With You Today....Does this only happen in the spin cycle...? Does the sound ever go away ..? Are you able to locate the model number for me..? Thanks Bob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes it does only happen in the spin cycle and it does stop sometimes about half way through. The model number is XXXXX

Good model number..To answer your question ..Yes the washer does have a belt..Best thing to do is to remove the front cover.To do this take a putty knife..Press in on the tabs # XXXXX at each side..Lift the cover off...Then set the washer into a spin mode..Listen for what area the sound is coming from..Sound from the bottom will be the belt or belt pulley..Sound from under the drum could be the brake assembly or tub bearing..Also check the drain pump..