Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair

I set my "quiet wash I" Whirlpool top load washer and pulled

I set my "quiet wash I" Whirlpool top load washer and pulled knob to start it. The washer filled, but does not advance to the wash cycle. What do I do?
Hello..It is my Pleasure To Be Working With You Today.Do you have a exact model number of your washer..?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

With the washer full, I can't get to the back to see a model number. There is a number on the inside of the lid: SM8280867.

Model number should be around the lid frame at about the 12;00 position just under the lid...If you open and close the lid a few times does the machine start to agitate..?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

lifting and lowering lid several times did nothing.

Good model number..Set the timer to the spin cycle start the wash..With the lid down..Let me know if the washer drains and spins.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Nothing happens

Ok great..Most likely your problem is the lid switch..The lid switch is a safety feature..By setting the washer to spin..It should have drained and spun..That is if you have power to the washer..First make sure the wall outlet is working...Open the lid..With the washer set to spin..Take a screwdriver etc..Insert it into the lid switch opening at the right hand side of cabinet..Move the switch up and down a few times..The washer should start to run..Allot of times that switch will also fall apart..Which means it needs replacing.