Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

My washing machine collects a lot of water in the soap dispenser

My washing machine collects a lot of water in the soap dispenser at the end of a wash cycle. Is something clogged that is causing this?
Thanks for using this service. Please be logged in to rate my assistance when we are done. Rating 3-5 is good, but 1-2 is bad so talk with me first.

Take the dispenser out and flush it all out. There is probably just some built up soap clogging the ports so the water is not siphoning through it correctly. This is a very simple job that most people can do, so if you can take out the dispenser just clean everything out and make sure all the holes are clear and put it back in.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is that just cleaning the drawer for the soap dispenser or something actually inside the machine

Just the dispenser nothing else. If water is left in that dispenser it just needs to be cleaned out.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will try it this evening after work and see how that goes.and will let you know. Thank you.

ok no problem