Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

Washer was running normally. During operation (not sure what

Washer was running normally. During operation (not sure what cycle - but there is water in the machine), it tripped the main circuit breaker (nothing else is on this circuit). I've reset the breaker and verified the outlet is hot. Machine is non-responsive to the power button - no lights, no beeps. I've removed the rear panels and do not detect anything that looks like a GFI or reset button. How do I reset the machine? Lacking a reset, how do I get the water/clothes out?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

Unfortunately there is no reset, it's very likely the fuse on the main control board blew, the fuse is built into the control board so the control board will need to be replaced.

Remove the top panel from the machine by taking out the screws along the rear lip of the machine, Once the top is off (making sure you unplugged the machine) reach down to the door lock and pull the manual release tab. the door should pop open.

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Mike, not sure what you mean by the manual release tab. I have the top (the electronics) loose, though I haven't disconnected cables. I don't see a manual release tab?

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
if you reach down to the door lock assembly there should be a tab right at the back of it, If you pull it to one side you should be able to open the door.

In the mean time I will see if I can find a picture.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Never mind bud - got it open. Figured the board was bad...thanks.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome Fred :)

Thanks!

Mike.

Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Mike, any chance you can help figure out what part number I need to replace the board? Internet search reveals a somewhat bewildering variety of choices...I'm at the point of trying to match the picture I took with my phone to those on various websites. Would appreciate any help you could offer...

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Absolutely, Give me a minute to look it up.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
After looking up the part number unfortunately it is no longer available.

What I would do is pull the control board out, make sure the fuse is blow by checking it with a ohm meter, If as I suspect it reads open find a electronics repair company to have them replace the fuse. I have included a picture that points out where the fuse is.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here