Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair

Ge frig PSS27NGPAWW Freezer not cold...

Ge frig
Freezer not cold...
Hello..It is my Pleasure To Be Working With You Today.,,You are saying freezer is room temperature..? Does the compressor run along with the fan next to the compressor..? If so is the compressor hot to the touch..?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Freezer is cold not freezing. Mullion is very hot to touch in the front only. Why ?...I am not at the house location now to look into the compressor temp.

I will have to go to the house, do you have any other ideas before I go?
If compressor is hot... What do you do next?

Thanks for your help...Stephan
Post back once you are in front of the unit..Thanks Bob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am planning to go to the house tomrrow pm.
Will you be on line then?
I just talked to the owner she says the temp is holding 17 in the freezer.
Yes i should be..If you cannot get a hold of me..You can ask for another tech..Thanks Bob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok thanks
You are welcome
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have checked the compressor and very HOT.
Fan is turning. Dust covers fan cage...

Remove all debris from the condenser coils..If the fan is running and the compressor is running but hot to the touch..This means you have a sealed system fault..(Faulty compressor..Leak in Coils Etc.) Which is a $400-$500 repair..If the coils are covered in lint Etc. Unplug the fridge..Let the compressor cool down..Clean the coils..Then plug back in..If the compressor becomes hot again ..Then you have a sealed system problem..Also please remember to rate my answer to you at "OK " or greater so that i may be credited through the system for the information i have provided you on your repair problem..Thanks Bob

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok I have cleaned the condenser coil, if that is what the fan is attached to. We will wait to see how it works now,.
That is correct...Post back let me know what your results are..Thanks Bob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Bob hi I am still working on this...
We had ice for day or two after I cleaned the cond. coil. Then it stopped cooling. The compressor is cold not making any sounds. The fan will turn in the coil. I read that maybe I should check for voltage to the compressor Starting relay?
Correct..make sure you have power to the compressor...From what you are explaining looks like you will have a main control board fault.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Bob I have checked for power to the compressor at the starter. I have no power there. Does this mean I need to order a new control board?

Correct..The control board is what powers the compressor..
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Bob I have replaced the control board. I am now waiting to see if this fixed it.

If it works I will send the money. thanks for hanging in with me.

Not a problem..Thanks Bob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We are happy... replacing the control board did the fix. Thank you for being there for a week while I was trouble shooting.

Great job on your part..not a problem ..Glad you were able to do the repair..Thanks Bob