Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
60802242

My bosh axxis wbm21 made a srong metal noise as it was draining

Customer Question

My bosh axxis wbm21 made a srong metal noise as it was draining the water out. It did that for 2 or 3 loads and then went back to normal.
I open the drain comparment and a piece of metal was stocked behind the impeller.looks like parts of a ring; long, thin black, looks like parts of a 4 inches metal ring. Should I get the machine inspected for a broken part?
it still works fine with no leaks.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.

Jon :

Hello

Jon :

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am an authorized Bosch, Thermador and Gaggenau service tech and I can help you today.

Jon :

If you heard a noise and the drain was soon there after sluggish draining the water out and you have found something restricting the impeller from fully draining the water out of the machine, but have removed and all else is fine just keep a close on the next few loads of the washer.

Jon :

you will evaluate if the washer is good or if it will leak out or the drain pump will fail again.

Jon :

if the washer works fine for about a week then you should be good to go.

Jon :

But if the next few days the washer starts to do the same thing, again, clean the pump out and retry. If it still doesnt work for you cleaning out the drain pump flter you will need to replace the drain motor.

Jon :

to order parts or for me to get you the part info so you can order parts, I will need the correct model number. It can be found just behind the door on the front frame of the washer. So open the door and look around the opening of the door on the frame of the washer. You should see a sticker that indicates the model and serial numbers. Can you please list those numbers to me back here?

Jon :

This way I can look up the info you need for your machine.

Jon :

Thanks and I look forward to hearing back from you soon and helping you fix this machine on your own. And in the process save a boat load of money.

Jon :

Thanks.

Customer:

Do you think that this metal part that I found which looks like parts of a thin metal ring of about 4 inches in diameter could be a part of the washing machine; here is a picture:

Full Size Image

Jon : That looks all to familiar. That is actually an underwire to a bra. We see them suck all the time in the drainpum
Jon : it binds up or jams the impeller of the drain pump. This happens all the time.
Jon : What most likely happened was that underwire got caught in the impeller of the drain pump then through trying to drain out it freed itself or from when you removed it it is now draining fine.
Jon : I would run it like normal and keep a close eye on it. If it runs fine the. That was the issue
Jon : if it starts to either make a noise or not drain replace the drain pump.
Jon : Do you need parts info now or do you want to wait and see if the washer works? Like I said earlier, we see this a lot and most times after cleaning out the drain pump blockage it usually works fine.
Jon : Just get back to me here if you need anything else or have any other questions.
Customer:

Jon,

Customer:

Many thanks for your answer

Customer:

The washing machine has been working fine since I remove the metal part from the impeller.

Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience: Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
Andre,

You are welcome again for the answer. That is what I am here for.

Thank you for the positive rating. It is greatly appreciated.

Should you have any other questions or concerns please get back to me here and I will help you more for no additional charge.

Thanks again.