Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair
14958677

Oven was not igniting on a regular basis so I replaced ignitor

Oven was not igniting on a regular basis so I replaced ignitor on GE JGB905SEF355 and oven still wont lite. Range burners work fine. Is there some sort of code that needs to be entered into the control panel?
Submitted: 1 year ago via ApplianceRepair.Net.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 1 year ago.
Hello..It is my Pleasure To Be Working With You Today.You stated that the oven was not igniting on a regular basis previously ..Is it igniting at all now..Intermittently..? Or not at all..?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

neither the oven or the broiler will ignite now. prior to replacing ignitor the oven was lighting intermitently ... some times you could smell gas then it lit - after what i thought was too long a period. now it does nothing,

Does the display light up..And when you start a bake cycle does it also show that the bake cycle has started as normal..?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes on oth counts.

Ok great it doesn't make sense that it did work before you have changed out the igniter..Which means you need to check the installation on your part,,(Wiring to the igniter etc.)..Remove the back of the oven..Check the wiring at the terminal block ..Make sure all connections are secure, allot of times the wiring will melt at the terminal block..Also check that you have 220 coming from the outlet..If you only have one leg of the 220..(110) the display will work but not the oven functions..If all checks ok..Then your problem is going to be within the Clock/Control ..Which is very common on this oven..CLICK HERE FOR PART Also please remember to rate my answer to you at "OK" or greater as to the information I have provided to you not the actually outcome of your repair..If you have any further questions I will be standing by..Thank You Bob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok ... this is going to take some time. Can i ask more questions later if what you are telling me to do doesn't resolve the problem?

Yes..You can follow up at no charge once rated at any time..We want to see you find the best solution on your repair..Thanks Bob
Experience: 23 Years Major Appliance Repair