Tom Goellner, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  32 yrs. experience servicing major appliances and HVAC equipment.
6636336

My Harmany washer is displaying "A problem was detected in

My Harmany washer is displaying "A problem was detected in the drive system". Please explain this and what is the approx. cost to fix it?
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isnt clear, please just ask me.

Sorry for the delay in replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?

If you are, there are a number of components in "The drive system", so we need to try and work out which is at fault first, before we can work out the likely cost.

Firstly, can you tell me how old the machine is?

Does this error show as soon as you select a cycle?

If not, will it agitate correctly in the wash part?

Disconect the power and check all the wiring and connectors to the motor, first. Then retry

Please don't rate my answer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just use the reply button to contact me.

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The washer is 5/6 years old. The washer will let you select the cycle and then it will begin ti fill you hear water start to fill then the water stops filling and then the screen will show a problem has been dectected. This screen will stay on . You can unplug the machine and it appears to be normal until you select cycle and try to run a load. Then the before mentioned screen appears again. All plugs appear to be connected correctly . Their is no compleat filling of the tub. So it has not agitated or spun to empty the tub because it has not filled to a level to drain.
Hi Jackie
Thanks
I am having trouble locating a schematic for this.
While I continue to look, Ill opt out.
This means if someone has this information they will respond to you directly.

In the meantime, please DO NOT rate or respond to this message as this will lock your question

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No, you did not answer my question! No I have not rated you as of yet! More information is need to determine the problem. I have waited hoping you come up with some kind of answer and so far no reply.

Hi Jackie

I suspect you must have received an automated e mail from the site.
Please note I have no control over these, apologies

Thank you for not rating yet, as we have yet to find an answer for you.

The rating is used to rate the professional personally.

Your question had sat there for a while and no one had responded, so rather than have you think there was "no one there", I made contact with you, but unfortunately couldn't locate the diagrams necessary.

I hope you wouldn't think of rating me poorly, for trying to help you?

Ill put your question back to the top of the list and hopefully someone will have this information for you

Thanks
Rob

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I thank you so much for your response and no I will not rate you. You ask that I not do so until you or some one found an answer. I respect the fact that you replied and have not forgotten about my problem. Please be aware that if any one ask me further about your assistance that you provided me, I will answer in a completely positive manner simply because you took time to answer and are still trying to help me. Thank you so much and God Bless You.
This usually means it has detected a problem with either the hall sensor or the shift mechanism. This washer has a motor that is unlike what you are normally used to a motor looking like - the entire bottom of the tub is a motor and it has a shifter to engage or disengage the shaft for agitate or spin. This part has teeth that lock into position. The washer will need to be laid on one of it's sides to access these parts. The hall sensor is a part mounted inside the motor that monitors the rpm of the motor. These parts are in the $ 70.00 to $100.00 range and they are not difficult or time consuming to replace, so it just depends on the labor rate where you live as to how much that costs.
Tom Goellner, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 32 yrs. experience servicing major appliances and HVAC equipment.