Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair

I have a GE Washer Model # XXXXX and I noticed that

I have a GE Washer Model # XXXXX and I noticed that it is making strange noises when agitating. I noticed there is loose change under the tub. Can we take this change out easily without a tech?

Hello..It is my Pleasure To Be Working With You Today.Sorry you are having this problem..Yes you should be able to complete this task without calling for service..First remove the cap at #301...Remove the bolt #303...Lift up on the infuser #300..Remove the coins..Also please remember to rate my answer to you at "OK" or better before leaving today so that I may be credited through the system ...If you have any further questions I will be standing by..Thanks Bob

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

okay .. thanks. it might take me a bit. My husband wants to help and he just stepped out.. so I will get back to you.

Great Kristine glad i could help you with the proper information on finding a solution to your repair..It should be a simple fix..Thanks Bob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I think I have all the change. If the tub is still making noise could there be change in the back of the machine (tub?)

If its more of a scrapping sound..It could be The halls sensor broken off #326..Or possibly the rotor or stator..#630..#636...You would have to remove the stator by removing the screw at #632..Which is a big job...Also make sure the sound you are hearing is not coming from the drain pump inside the cabinet.