Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

I have a Kenmore Elite Model(NNN) NNN-NNNNover the range microwave

I have a Kenmore Elite Model(NNN) NNN-NNNNover the range microwave oven. The light & the fan stopped working. Bulb has been replaced.
Thanks for using this service. Please be logged in to rate my assistance when we are done. Rating 3-5 is good, but 1-2 is bad so talk with me first.

If the light and fan do not work there is an issue with the control relay board. This unit was made by GE and they had a lot of issues with it. Now before you do anything first unplug the microwave for 30 seconds and plug it back in sometimes this will reset the computer and it will work again otherwise you need a new control board.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Where is the control board and how I do get to it?

The control board is behind the console. You need to take off the top grille and then remove the screw above the control panel to lift up the console and tilt it forward to access the control board.