Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a 3 year old Maytag Centennial washer, model # XXXXX

I have a 3 year old Maytag Centennial washer, model # XXXXX The options for normal and heavy duty settings have an optional extra rinse cycle at the end of the cycle. We have this option turned off. At the end of the spin cycle, water sprays into the tub for a few seconds and the clothes are soaked. This does not happen on the other cycles such as handwash and delicates.
Thanks for using this service. Please be logged in to rate my assistance when we are done. Rating 3-5 is good, but 1-2 is bad so talk with me first.

Ok this is a very common issue. The Auto Load Sensing switch has gone bad. The switch is located in the console and is fairly easy to replace. Take the screws out of the console and lift up the console. It has hinges so it lifts up and flips to access the switches. Remove the knob for the fill selector. Pull off the pressure tube to the switch and lift the locking tab so you can turn the switch and unlock it. Replace the pressure switch and it will work fine again with no water at the end of the cycle. Here is a link to the part, just copy and paste it in your address bar. All I ask is that you rate my assistance and bonuses are appreciated. Thanks

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Temperature-switch/W10248240/1549115?RCAID=1000099
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I check the link and the saw the part you recommend. The page also listed a "Helpful Tip" that the drain hose should be 42". My hose goes into the wall drain at 36". Do you think this will continue to make this part fail in the future? If so, I will need to move the opening and the drain up at least 6"?

No that has nothing to do with the issue, they had a lot of problems with that part and have redesigned the board for it.