Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair

maytag side by side..freezer stopped working fridge side cool

maytag side by side..freezer stopped working fridge side cool but not cold
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 11 months ago.
Hello..It is my Pleasure To Be Working With You Today...The fridge does not have its own cooling source..it is cooled via the fan in the freezer side..If you open the freezer door..Look very closely at the back INSIDE wall for any signs of frost..Also check to make sure the freezer fan is running.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

THere is no frost..freezer sounds like it is running..how would I check that?

The freezer is room temperature..? If so..go around back remove the bottom panel..Feel the black round tank (compressor) Tell me if it is Hot ..Warm or Cold.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Yes the freezer is at room temp.compressor is warm..not really hot, you can keep your hand on it without burning it

Have you noticed and clicking sounds previously coming from the compressor area..? Is the compressor running..?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Yes we have head the clicking sounds. Not sure about the compressor..how would Iknow for sure?

If you have hear the clicking sounds..Then that is a sign of a hard to start compressor..Can be either the compressor itself..Or the start relay (which is mounted to the side of the compressor it pulls directly off)..only sure way to tell is to replace the relay itself..If it starts clicking again then the compressor is faulty....Meaning hard starting which burned the relay out...A lot of times the relays do go bad..Basically you have a 50/50 chance.
Experience: 23 Years Major Appliance Repair
CLICK HERE FOR THE RELAY... By the fact that you mentioned the clicks..This will rule out all other components causing your problem..Meaning control boards etc. Also please remember to rate my answer to you and not the actual outcome of your repair at "OK" or greater before leaving today..If you have any further questions I will be standing by..Thanks Bob