Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair

I have a Frigisaire FGMV174KFB Microwave - it is ~2 years old.

I have a Frigisaire FGMV174KFB Microwave - it is ~2 years old. It hs stopped heating - goes through the cycle and even the fan appears to come on but it doesn't heat.
Hello..It is my Pleasure To Be Working With You Today...Once you input the time and heat setting does the unit run as normal..? (Cook time set counting down as normal on the display..)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes - there is just no heat

Have you noticed by chance if the unit was starting to get a bit loud when it did heat...?...More like a low growling sound .
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No - it was working fine until it stopped working

Ok great..If all other functions are working properly and the unit is not heating..Then you have a faulty Magnetron..The magnetron is what provides the wave that heats the items placed in the oven..The magnetron is best installed by a qualified tech as a microwave stores a massive amount of voltage even when not plugged in..CLICK HERE FOR PART Also please remember to rate my answer to you and not the actual outcome of your repair At "OK" or greater so that I maybe credited through the system..If you do have any further questions I will be standing by..Thanks Bob