Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
60802242

Hello, I have Kenmore HE2 Plus Front Loading Automatic Washer

Customer Question

I have Kenmore HE2 Plus Front Loading Automatic Washer Model #(NNN) NNN-NNNN,4753*,4754*.
The washer beeps uncontrollably throughout the washing cycle. The beeps are in short bursts or single. Recently, random control light flashes joined the beeps. Also, I am not able to select "2nd rinse" and unselect "Prewash".
Other than that, the washing cycle runs as expected.
Can you, please, say, what the problem may be? Thank you.
Greg
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.

Jon :

Hello

Jon :

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am an appliance expert here with the website and I can try to help you today, if you still need it?

Jon :

sorry for the delay in getting a response, I am just seeing your question for the first time now.

Jon :

Is your washer displaying any error code like f1 or e2 in the display?

Jon :

usually when the washer does what you are saying it is doing and the display or buttons on the board are unresponsive, that usually means the control board is bad.

Jon :

What I would suggest you do first as a quick fix is unplug the washer for ten minutes and take a hair dryer out and fan hot air on the front part fo the control board.

Jon :

This will help un stick any stuck keypads and relays on the board, which usually causes this issue. So while blowing the hot air about 4 inches away from the plastic on the control board, take the palm of your hand and rub it over the buttons on the board. This will aid in unsticking the keypads and buttons.

Jon :

do this for about 10-20 minutes and then stop and plug the washer in again. if it works fine for you and doesn't register the codes or does stop or fail for you then you should be good to go. But if it fails again you will need to change out the board. and depending on the age of the machine, It may not be wise for you to spend the money on a control board in an older machine.

Jon :

Please run that test and get back to me here and let me know what has happened.

Jon :

And if you feel that I have helped to answer your questions please remember to positively rate my performance with ok service or better rating. And if you have more questions after positively rating me, please feel free to get back in touch with me here and I will continue helping you for no additional charge.

Jon :

Thanks again.

Customer:

Hello Jon,

Customer:

Thank you for your answer. The washer does not display any errors.

Customer:

Can you, please, be more specific, what you mean by the control board? Is this the front panel with the buttons? Or is this the module inside the washer with all the cable harnesses connected to it?

Customer:

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Jon : You are very welcome for the help.
Jon : If the buttons are not responsive bit th whole machine powers on and operates otherwise, the control board you need is the user interface. The control board in the front. Right behind the buttons.
Jon : Not the main control board.
Jon : But please try the reset and hair dryer first. This way you definitely make sure the buttons are not stuck or the relays behind it.
Jon : Do you need me to get you part numbers for the control board?
Jon : What are the last four digits of the model? 1700 or 2600?
Jon : The electronic control board again is up top. In the front of the machine. And the other main control In this model is inside the cabinet. And is usually on the bottom under the drum. The control board or user interface is part number(NNN) NNN-NNNN And should cost about $150-$190.
Jon : You can order the parts from www.applianceassociatesli.partsquik.com. And just enter the part number in the part search box and the part will populate. And you can order from there.
Jon : Please get back to me here if you need any other info and I will help you more.
Jon : Please remember to rate my performance positively below with ok service or better rating.
Jon : Thanks.
Customer:

Hello Jon,

Customer:

I believe, I didn't give you my washer model number. It is Kenmore HE2Plus front loader, M.N.:(NNN) NNN-NNNN
The instrument panel - pushbuttons and dial - are in the front.
I have tried the hair dryer approach for 15 minutes. To do it, I disassembled the instrument panel from the washer, exposing the green printed board behind it. Its part number is "KM MID WASHER"(NNN) NNN-NNNNrev A. Is this the one you were talking about?

Customer:

Anyway, I dried it for 15 minutes, then plugged the washer back, then turned it on. I did not start any cycle, just pushed buttons following the usual sequence of programming the wash load. All buttons behave normally and there were no irregular beeping of any kind. It looks, like the dryer helped.

Customer:

Thanks for your help. I appreciate it.

Customer:

Greg

Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience: Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
Greg,

Thank you for the positive rating and very generous bonus. It is greatly appreciated.

Above, the model and part number you list do not come through. It just shows xxxxxxx. The website thinks the numbers you have listed were phone numbers so they have blocked me from seeing them for security reasons. If you would like to leave the numbers again that is fine. Especially the model number. T hat is the more important number. When listing the model number either dont leave any spaces or leave a space in between each number and the number should come though.

I am glad that the dryer trick worked for you. That means it was a stuck relay on the board. And the heat from the dryer helps to unstick the relay. It is a common problem and is a quick trick you can do for this situation should it happen again.
But if it should not work then you will need to replace that board.

I would just monitor the machine for next coming weeks as you use it normally. If it works fine then you should be good. Otherwise, if it starts to give you trouble again order the board.

If you need more help or have any other questions about this machine please feel free to get back in touch with me here at any time and I will help you again. For no additional charge.

Thanks again.