Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

The wash/mach trips the circuit breaker; power point ok because

The wash/mach trips the circuit breaker; power point ok because dryer works from same. tried wash mach elsewherer still trips power out. Any solutions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for using this service. Please be logged in to rate my assistance when we are done. Rating 3-5 is good, but 1-2 is bad so talk with me first.

What is the model washer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Whirlpool Top Loader Super Quality Plus - Commercial Quality

Model 6ALSC8255J00

Serial CK(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

Does it do it right when plugged in before pulling out the timer knob?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

As soon as the wall power point is switched on with the wash mach plug, the whole house power trips out. The same wall power point is ok because the dryer does not do the same.

Ok this is either a dead short where the power wires go to the timer or the timer itself may be shorted out. You need to pop the console up to look at it. Look on the back side of the console in the outer corners. If you see a philips screw in each outer back corner remove both of them (There will only be 2)..then console will slide forward a little then it will lift up and rock back. Check the main 3 wire plug and wiring there for any burn marks and try it again with the light out to see if you can narrow down a flash where it is shorting. Sometimes the wires get pinched or rub through on the metal console and then it will short out other times something may be wrong with the timer, but you should be able to see it right there as it has to be pretty close to there if it is blowing the circuit that fast.

Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience: Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.