Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.

Same issue as Customer U01 and 19:FO, dismantled machine. No

Same issue as Customer U01 and 19:FO, dismantled machine. No heat whatsoever. Checked Ignitor resistance .463Ohm so in range. Cleaned and re-assembled. Checked vent outside good airflow. Flashing Heat in display and cooling light in display on.

Jon : Hello
Jon : Does the dryer run? nd just doesn't heat?
Jon : Are u still there?
JACUSTOMER-flp1vxaa- :

Yes, and yes, ribs fine, no heat

JACUSTOMER-flp1vxaa- :

Runs fine

Jon : Have you checked continuity to the thermal fuse/ high limit thermostat?
JACUSTOMER-flp1vxaa- :

No I have not

Jon : Ok.
Jon : The meter you have does it have a continuity check on it?
Jon : I would advise checking continuity to the thermal fuse first if you have no heat at all.
JACUSTOMER-flp1vxaa- :

Yes. But can't check now, I reassembled unit

JACUSTOMER-flp1vxaa- :

Location of thv fuse?

JACUSTOMER-flp1vxaa- :

Where is this fuse located?

JACUSTOMER-flp1vxaa- :

Typing on my cellphone sux

Jon : Let me check your model. Be right back.
JACUSTOMER-flp1vxaa- :

Jon : The fuse is located in the blower housing
JACUSTOMER-flp1vxaa- :

Item n130?

Jon : You would have to pull the front panel off the dryer again. And you will see the fuse right next to the thermistor on the blower housing just behind the lint trap.
JACUSTOMER-flp1vxaa- :

I as m looking at thecservice Manual, what is the item #?

Jon : No. K560
JACUSTOMER-flp1vxaa- :

Found it, great. Is this s common issue?

Jon : Yes. Very common. Especially when there is no heat what's so ever. If you like check voltage to the igniter during a heating cycle. If there is voltage there to the igniter then you know the fuse is good. If no voltage the fuse is bad.
Jon : If voltage and the igniter is good change the solenoids on the valve assembly. Those are the two small black cylinders that have wire connectors going to it.
Jon : You can also ohm out the fuse again with continuity to be sure it's bad. If no continuity. Then it's bad.
JACUSTOMER-flp1vxaa- :

My concern was that the display shows cooling... So I believe your assessment may be right on. Replacement cost about $ 10 I believe?

JACUSTOMER-flp1vxaa- :

Have a part # XXXXX me?

Jon : Yes. I agree. These units will sometimes say cooling if the load inside is not too wet though.
Jon : Try replacing the fuse. But I advise testing it first.
Jon : Get back to me here if you have more questions.
JACUSTOMER-flp1vxaa- :

Tested without load

JACUSTOMER-flp1vxaa- :

Part # XXXXX

Jon : Ok
Jon : the part number is XXXXX A. Shield got about $6-7.
Jon : You can order the part at www.aplianceassociatesli. Con
Jon : Just enter the part# XXXXX the parts link thsat will populate. The parts should come with directions.
Jon : Just get back to here if have any other question. And please remember to positively rate my performance below this chat with ok service or better now. And if you have more questions please come back to hear and I will help you more for no additional charge.
Jon : Thanks again.
Jon : Have a hood night.

Sorry for the abundance of typos last night, I was having problems logging in and had to use my Cell.

Thanks again.

Thank you for the positive rating. It is greatly appreciated. I too was on my Iphone and had many typos as well. No worries.

Please get back to me here if you have any other questions or concerns and I will help you more for no additional charge.

Thanks again.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Jon, all good, dryer is fixed, by the way, the part can be test. I did however replace with new part. Thanks again.

You are very welcome. Glad to see it working again for you.

As far as for testing the part, sorry if you miss understood me, the thermostats, fuses and solenoids can be tested, yes. with both resistance and ohms or continuity.

Anyway, again I am glad it is now working for you. Please feel free to get back to me here if you need any other help with this machine and I will help you more for no additional charge.

Thanks again.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry Jon, I meant reset. The thermostat can be reset.

Oh. sorry. I guess I misunderstood you.

Which thermostat could be reset?
The one on the blower or the heater?

Usually they can't be reset. once it blows it blows. And needs to be replaced.

Do you have the part number of the thermostat that can be reset in your machine? I would like to know for the future.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Jon, 6931 EL3003 C. Btw. I am a mechanical engineer. Thanks again

Ok. Thank you.

I kind if figured you were either an engineer or electronics specialist.

Glad it's working for you. Please get back to me here if you need anything else.

Have a good weekend.