Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert
13202342

I had my dacor grill on for about 15 minutes while I roasted

I had my dacor grill on for about 15 minutes while I roasted eggplant slices.then the grill went out.i assumed it had overheated.i waited until the appliance cooled down but now neither the grill nor the oven heats.is there any means to re-set the appliance or has something burned out.thanks

Randy 43 :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX iam happy to help you with your question today..can you give me the model number? thx

Customer:

EGR 30 from Epicure range

Randy 43 :

thx , if you open the oven door and look at where the door latch is , in behind that grill with the slots is a hi limit thermostat , can you see that ? it has a red button on it ..looks like the pic below

Randy 43 :

High Limit Thermostat 62775           Main Product View
Full Size Image

Customer:

Hi Randy had to unscrew the cover but it has done the trick.pressed the red button and its now working.appreciate the info

Randy 43 :

okj , no problem ,but those arent meant to have the door open for that long , that is why it popped , good luck

Customer:

excellent info and appreciate your promptness