Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair

I have a GE washer WH12X10225. All light are flashing on control

I have a GE washer WH12X10225. All light are flashing on control pannel, unit will not work. I just replaced main comtrol board and same thing, all lights flashing, unit will not work. I have confirmed wall outlet works correctly by trying another small appliance, and also pluged washer into a different out, all the same results. Failure may have been caused by a power surge.

Hello..It is my Pleasure To Be Working With You Today...WHen you replaced the control..did you also replace the jumper wire from the old board..?

When you replaced the control..did you also replace the jumper wire from the old board..?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, which one is the jumper wire?

If you look at the old board..You will see the jumper just under the transformer..Make sure you re-install it in the same location/slot onto the new board..Also please remember to rate my answer to you at ok or greater before leaving today..If you have any further questions i will be standing by..Thanks Bob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The board assemblies are identical. The only wires i see are 4 flat wires from under the larger board (under the transformer) leading to the smaller board for the load size & speed control. They are built in on both boards and appear unserviceable unless you take the entire assembly apart.

Looking at the board, with those wires (cable) leading to the right..There should be a white plastic terminal at the just above the transformer on the board..At this location should be a jumper wire leading from two of the terminal locations..Which would be on the old board.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There are no jumper wires or unnassigned wires on either the new or old board

Did this unit work properly with the old board as is, up until you had to replace it..?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I may have caused some confusion with my intial information. I initialy said it was a GE WH12X10225 unit. That was actualy the part number for the board assembly. The unit is a WJSE3110. It is probably from 2000 when the house was built. In 2010 the board fried, and I replaced it. Was working fine for a while. Earlier this summer, had a power loss while it was running. unit died, all the lights were flashing and the unit would not work. i left it unplugged over night. Plugged it in the next day and it worked fine. Had another power loss a couple months later, while not running, lights flashing and not working. Again left it unplugged over night, for a full day, for a few days, no change. Figured it was a bad board again, just installed the replacement one, and same thing when plugged in, lights blinking unit not working.

Correct ..You are missing the jumper from the old board to the new board....CLICK HERE
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How did the board work for 2 years without that jumper?

graphicNot sure..if you look on the board you will see the molex connector for the jumper..It is part of the board...#36
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry but I don't believe your diagnosis is correct. The unit can't just work with missing wires for nearly 3 years, and the picture you sent is of a WH19X0163 not a WH12X10225.

Wh19x0163 is the part number for the wire harness...Wh12x10225 is the control board number..Your model number is XXXXX unit will not work properly with out the jumper..Let me opt out so that another tech may help you..Thanks Bob
Experience: 23 Years Major Appliance Repair
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! Your previous expert is correct about the plug. It has to be in place or the control will not know what model it is installed in and will not be able to perform. I suspect you may have or may be overlooking the small plug. The page below is directly from the service manual, I hope it helps. If it does clarify for you, please rate the previous expert accordingly.