Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Kenmore Ultra Wash HE model 665-13882K800 does not drain. I

Kenmore Ultra Wash HE model 665-13882K800 does not drain. I removed cap on air gap and no water came out. I removed dishwasher and removed drain pump but could see nothing. I looked for a check valve but there isn't one. What is my next step?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for using this service. Please be logged in to rate my assistance when we are done. Rating 3-5 is good, but 1-2 is bad so talk with me first.

Make sure the drain pump is running. If it is remove the drain hose from the siphon gap and see if it drains in a bucket. If it does not remove the drain pump and see if the impeller is broken off. If it is fine you may have food in the drain line or on rare occasions the pump may be bad and not turning fast enough. So if the pump is running and the drain line is clear replace the pump.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I removed the air gap and nothing came out when I put the dishwasher on drain. Is it necessary to remove the drain hose from the air gap (is air gap and siphon gap the same thing?)?

How do I know if the drain pimp is running? Is that by sound alone?

Yes you should hear it when you cancel the cycle. It would remove the drain line as it can be hard to see in the base of the siphon gap. Also with drain line off see if you can blow air back into the unit...if you can not the drain line is plugged
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I removed the hose from where it goes into the air gap, did a Quick Rinse and Cancel/Drain. Nothing came through but there was water on the floor. I had forgotten to reattach the hose to the drain pump. I could hear a whir which I assumed was the drain pump. I reattached the hose and tried again This time it drained through the hose. I will assume there is a blockage from the air gap to the garbage disposal. I could not blow into the hose but it drained okay. Why is that? After that I will provide a good rating. Thanks.

There may have been something in the base of the air gap like I was saying...now you may not have been able to generate enough air by blowing to overcome the water in the line. You may need compressed air to do that
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience: Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.