Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line

I have a whirlpool Cabrio, only had it a few years and had

I have a whirlpool Cabrio, only had it a few years and had to replace the control module. Now 2 weeks later the washer seems to have lost its mind. It does spin like correctly, and the water sputters from the rear left as looking at the front of the machine. I can also here what sounds like ball bearings or pebbles rattling around on the right side when It is setting up to discharge water. I ended up trying to run it in short wash mode, and never filled the tub just sputtered and the tub seemed to engage and re-engage turning a little here and there. I was finally able to turn it to drain and spin to get the water out of my clothes, and that cycle just kept would spin a little then ever so slowly ramped up to full speed. Any ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 11 months ago.

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 33 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 50,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt.
May I have the units model number to better assist you ?

And the part number of the control you installed please?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
W10249237 rev b

And the model number of the washer also please?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sorry, it is WTW6800WW1

Thank you

ok you have the correct board in it .

Is the outlet the washer is plugged into properly polarized and grounded ?

this can take out a control board .

Be cause with it doing all these strange commandoperations that is a issue with the main control it tells every component what to do and when to do it .

And with the unit empty I recommend pulling the unit out and from the bottom look at the drain pump system / pump and hoses ,, you may have something that is making the ball bearing noise

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Okay, I will go check voltage at the outlet and check ground. And open up the back to check for any debris. The noise was coming from the right side. Also if it is a module are there any repair facilities for them? And do you think it would be cost effective?

a new control is still available , if you send it some where to be refrubished it could be 2-3 months to get it back and not being able to use the unit in that time.

CLICK HERE for the part info on a new control

And if have a polatity tester that is graet if not here is how to test it with a Volt-Ohm meter IF you need it !

Check polarity to your outlet LARGE blade to ground 0 volts, small blade to ground 110-120 volts,small blade to LARGE 110-120 volts.
this is very important with electronic controls

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I checked it with a 3 prong tester and it says it is wired correctly. This washer ran for a few years and I never changed out the outlet. I understand about the control module and how the machine doesn't know what it want to do. I will look under it tomorrow and let you know what I find. Thank you. I tried to rate but didn't know if that would close out this tread.
no problem .And no even after you rate me I will still asssit you and it will not close the thread.
DO you still need assistance?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Yes, I have the back off and don't see too much if anything. I ran a cycle and it ran fine. Could this have been a fluke?

you could have had a power issue that made the control go crazy at that time .

And I guess what ever was making the noise could have been flushed thru the pump

Just go a head and use it, if you have a problem even after you rate me.

I will still assist you

Experience: 30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line