Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert
13202342

I have a Maytag model mgr4452bdw stove/oven. when pushing

I have a Maytag model mgr4452bdw stove/oven. when pushing broil button I get a pop up error note 5EE. Then when I push less broiler works on LO mode only. When I push bake 000 pops up. Then I push less and temp shows 350 degrees. You can push less button and temp goes lower. More buton to raise temp does not work at all. Top stove burners work fine. Thought I may have had a Sabbath issue so I pushed clock button for 5 seconds and flashed. So I am out of SAB mode I think. So oven and broiler ignite and work at lower temps only. Does this mean the control assembly is just bad. Turned house circuit breaker off for 20 minutes. Didn't help' Any Ideas

Randy 43 :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX iam happy to help you with your question today..does it do the same for the timer and any other functions? thx

Randy 43 :

timer and clock

Customer:

Not sure what your question is. Overall, functions have some response.. Timer does not work. You can push bake then push less button and oven will ignite but highest temp is 350. Less button will take temp down but more button will not work to raise temp. Broiler will go onLO temp only High temp is not an option. Clock works fine.

Randy 43 :

i meant if you reset the clock or the timer will the more button work when using those functions ? sorry

Customer:

More button never functional. By the way, the range is not at this residence thats why I may not be perfectly. It is at tenants apt.

Randy 43 :

ok , if the more button doesnt work on any of the functions and you have had it unplugged for more than a few minutes , then you are correct the main circuit board is faulty , it is a self contained unit ,it has power and you have given it enough time to reset ,if still a problem then the board is faulty

Randy 43 : Oven Control Board 5701M748-60

RepairClinic Item #1515079 (OEM Part)

$291.50

Core Deposit $35

Electronic oven control, black

Manufacturer Number 5701M748-60

(The manufacturer has replaced part number 74010453 with this item, part number 5701M748-60.)

More
Randy 43 :

that is the black board , the white one may be slightly different part number , but the cost should be the same

Customer:

I was just trying to confirm that the control board was the issue. At $281 to buy it, I will just trash the stove because for 4another

Randy 43 :

sorry , but they come as one unit ,you cant get individual parts for them , for a few $hundred more you can get a new one with warranty

Customer:

I just wanted to confirm the Control board was the issue and you have confirmed that. I'll just by a new range for 4 about $400. It would cost $281 for the part plus labor. I get a new stove for about same price. Thanks for your help. Good night.

Randy 43 :

ok ,good luck

Customer:

last question. is 20-30 minutes enough to leave range unplugged or should i wait longer

Randy 43 :

no thats plenty of time ,it only takes a few minutes and the board shouldve reset by then

Customer:

are you still there? Did you receive my final question

Randy 43 :

yes did you get my post ? it is plenty of time .only takes 2-3 minutes

Customer:

Randy. Are you still there? How long should I disconnect the power for to be sure that isn't the issue

Randy 43 :

only 2-3 minutes ,will be sufficient

Customer:

My computer says you are typing and in chat yet I haven't seen any response

can you see the response in this format? 2-3 minutes is sufficient time for a reset