Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

My Maytag runs continuously - say 5 hours or more. the settings

My Maytag runs continuously - say 5 hours or more. the settings are both at 4.0.
How old is this fridge with Model PTB1753GRW with Serial Number 13109838ZS? Rev.3
Thanks for using this service. Please be logged in to rate my assistance when we are done. Rating 3-5 is good, but 1-2 is bad so talk with me first.

That unit was made August of 2001. A couple things to note. If the temps are both ok in the refrigerator and freezer I would not worry too much since if it were running too long the unit would start freezing stuff in the refrigerator. Some of those units do run a long time, but if the temps are good do not worry about it.

All I ask is that you rate my assistance thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What about the cost of continuous running on the electricity bill? I do realize that fridges do have a high efficiency.

The unit is efficient and really should not be a big issue with your electric bill. If it were running far too long it would not be cooling correctly stuff would be freezing in the refrig or would be warmer than usual in the freezer. Even in 2001 the units were very efficient drawing only a couple amps at full run, so I still would not worry too much about it.