Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert
13202342

dryer tube will not rotate but it heat up?

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 1 year ago.

Randy 43 :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX iam happy to help you with your question today..hi do you have a model Number ? thx

Customer:

EED4400WQ0

Randy 43 :

ok thx , can you turn the drum by hand ? if you start the dryer and give the drum a push with your hand with the top up does it turn? push it to the right ,clockwise

Customer:

modle # XXXXX

Customer:

yes, I can turn it clockwise.when it is turn on.

Randy 43 :

does the drum start up and turn by itself if you give it a slight push?

Customer:

no

Randy 43 :

but you can hear the motor turning

Customer:

yes, also ther is heat

Randy 43 :

and the belt isnt broken , you can pull up on it

Customer:

yes

Randy 43 :

belt is tight against the drum ,or can you fit a finger under it ?

Customer:

no, is not loose finger wont go under belt

Randy 43 :

if the motor runs and it heats ,that circuit is good , even though the belt is tight ,it may have stretched or the ribs have faded enough that it cant grip the drum and turn it ,if you can turn the drum by hand it isnt binding , so it can only really be a stretched belt or a worn down idler pulley , or it isnt quite on the idler pulley properly , both of these parts are pretty cheap , but they are the only parts that provide tension to the belt and drum , i would suggest getting a belt and new idler

Randy 43 :

Idler Assembly - Part # XXXXX Mfg Part # XXXXX
Full Size Image

Randy 43 :

Idler Assembly

RepairClinic Item # XXXXX

Belt tension pulley

Manufacturer Number 691366

More

Related Items:

Suggested tools:

$9.50

Quantity:

Out of Stock

Click for Expected

Randy 43 :

Drive Belt

RepairClinic Item # XXXXX

Dryer belt. This is the most common belt used on Whirlpool, Kenmore, Kitchenaid, Roper, Estate and other dryer brands. The belt is flat, 92-1/4 inches long, 1/4 inch wide and has 4 ribs and 3 grooves. It replaces many other belts, including some with 5 ribs and 4 grooves.

Manufacturer Number 341241

More

Related Items:

Suggested tools:

$11.85

Quantity:

Randy 43 :

Drive Belt - Part # XXXXX Mfg Part # XXXXX
Full Size Image

Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert