Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a panasonic microwave oven nmcd989w bought may27 2013

I have a panasonic microwave oven nmcd989w bought may27 2013 for no reason
micro not in use it went dead. I have check wall outlet and child safety lock
where should go for help I live in dalhousie new brunswick canada
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Appliance Guru :

Thanks for using this service. Please be logged in to rate my assistance when we are done. Rating 3-5 is good, but 1-2 is bad so talk with me first.

Appliance Guru :

There is an internal fuse in the unit that may have burned out. You would need to take apart the unit to access it. Note the microwave does store high voltage so depending on your skill level this may or may not be a good idea for you to do. Normally you just need to remove the outer shroud to get at the internal bus fuse. You should see it right where the cord enters the inside of the unit.

Appliance Guru :

There are just a series of screws on the outer cabinet to remove to get it apart and access the fuse.

Appliance Guru :

All I ask is that you rate my assistance thank you

Customer:

I have not received information about what to do

Appliance Guru :

Can you take the shroud off?...Did you not receive this:

Appliance Guru :

9:38 AM

Customer:

I can't check fuse because I do not where or how to do this if i could take the micro

Appliance Guru :

Is this a counter top unit or a built in?

Customer:

to a local repair shop

Appliance Guru :

I am not sure what exactly you are saying.....Are you saying you can not take it apart?

Customer:

yes I do not know any thing about a micro it is on warranty and I would to know if I could take it

Customer:

to a local shop

Appliance Guru :

Yes you could take it to a local repair shop, but you would need to check with them if they do Panasonics warranty repair work.

Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience: Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.