Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

I have a Frigidare Duel fuel oven, #PLCS8389DCB, the electronic

I have a Frigidare Duel fuel oven, #PLCS8389DCB, the electronic control module appears not to be working. What test can I doo to make sure before I spend $$$$$$$
Thanks for using this service. Please be logged in to rate my assistance when we are done. Rating 3-5 is good, but 1-2 is bad so talk with me first.

What is it not doing? Do the keys work or what exactly is the issue?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

when I push on the soft keys nothing happens, the only message is PF when I first plug it in, the first time after I cleaned it the clock was working. Now nothing works. I disconnected the panel from the module by releasing

the tape wires with the little plastic restraints, I have no Idea why the whole thing stopped. I just wanted to clean the front panel, so I used a cleaner with a damp paper towel, nothing got wet inside !

Ok there is a good chance the touchpad is bad. They had a lot problems with it and they do just go out. Check the ribbon cable going to board. Unplug it and plug it back in you may get lucky and it will work again. Otherwise you need a new touchpad assembly. It is so common there is a shortage of them right now. Here is a link to the part. Just copy and paste it into your address bar.