Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

Whirlpool Duet HE Front loader model GHW9400PL0. Runs for 5

Whirlpool Duet HE Front loader model GHW9400PL0. Runs for 5 seconds to 2 minutes then control panel goes dark and washer stops. Washer is unresponsive for 30 seconds to a minute or so then lights up and continues as if nothing was wrong. Then repeats process after 5 seconds to 2 minutes stopping and going dark. Have removed and cleaned CCU and MCU contacts. There is no error code.
Thanks for using this service. Please be logged in to rate my assistance when we are done. Rating 3-5 is good, but 1-2 is bad so talk with me first.

Ok you need to get a volt meter and have the leads plugged into the backside of the IF2 wires that go to the CCU board. There are 2 wires that go to these and they come from the filter board. See if you are losing 120 volts when the display goes out. If you are then you have a filter board or power problem issue. If you are not there is a good chance that the CCU board is bad as it powers the interface display board. This is still a tough call when that happens as it is tough to test the low voltage supply wires to the display board to see if you are losing power to the display board or that it is an actual bad display board. It can be done and you should see a +5V supply wire to the display is labeled on the board itself. You can test from there to ground to see if you are losing your low voltage supply. I would highly suggest ordering parts for this from as you can return installed parts for up to a year.Just copy and paste the link below into your address bar to get you to the parts that you may need for your unit.