Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Have a Kenmore 110.44934200 front load washer that the inner

Have a Kenmore 110.44934200 front load washer that the inner tub is loose and won't turn easily. I have taken off the back and the belt is okay but I can't turn the drive pulley very far. I have found a video for replacing the belt but that is as far as it goes. Do you know what the problem might be and whether there is a video that shows taking this area of the washer apart?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today. does the drum lift up and down from the inside ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes it does move up and down

okay now pull it forward and push it back in is there a lot of play ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Not sure what a lot of play is but yes it does move back and forth. It moves about an inch back and forth and sounds like it is sliding on something.

Okay unfortunately thats not good news. the rear bearing is bad.the real bad part is they only sell the rear bearing already pressed into the rear drum. so you cant replace just the bearing, And this is a huge job. The rear tub is $334.00 alone without labor. it is available however. Would you like a link to the part ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

You're right it's not good news. It sounds way past my repair comfort level so looks like it would be a $500+ repair bill to get someone to fix it. The washer is 10 1/2 years old (purchased 2/8/03). The warranty for the stainless steel drum is lifetime and the plastic tub is 10 years. Do you think this problem would be covered under either of these warranties? At its current age, do you think it is worth fixing it versus buying a new one?

I would definitely call and see if the tub is,If its only slightly over the warranty period a lot of the time they'll cover it and if you argue with them a little and tell them you will never buy Kenmore again they probably will cover it. you never know.If it came to fixing this out of pocket your better off replacing the machine. I wish I had better news for you sorry. thanks and please remember to rate me 3 or above so I get credit for helping you. well wishes, Bryan