Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

I normally dont use my dishwasher to save money. but lately

I normally don't use my dishwasher to save money. but lately I did so the washer won't break down. I noticed that the water once in awhile overflow at the outlet by the sink. I guess, it is normal if lots of dishes are loaded. is this ok?
Do you have a silver looking item on the counter top that overflows? Or are you talking about the drain inside the sink?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

silver looking item

That is a air gapr, it is sticking on you... Here is a video on how to clean it so it does not happen again.

Click here to watch the video

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I watched the video clip. the guy said, "if you reach inside the disposal you feel the tip of the tube" so you can clear it, I did that but can't find it. but right now, my air gap tube is really clogged because water is still on it.

what is that vacuum like thing? I don't know what that is.

You may have to replace it, they are cheap and can be bought at Home center stores like Home Depot and LOWES for under $10.00 Takes about 20 minutes to replace them...