Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.

Freezers

Freezers
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Barry G. replied 11 months ago.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

Are you getting the model number from inside the freezer or at the bottom outside? That model number is XXXXX short

I need the model to be able to see the diagrams and it should be very similar to the image below. Your model number should have a prefix (110, 253, 596,106) are some for example. Could you please post that prefix along with the (.) and the model number.

Thanks,
Barry
CLICK TO ENLARGE
graphic
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

The number I gave you was on the sales receipt. Just where is the tag you mentioned so I can better get the model number

Billy that depends on the year it was built, 2 of the most common places are inside the freezer on the wall or below the door in the front. It could be on one of the sides as well.

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Model 253.26082101. Whenever I open the freezer door the temp goes up. The short time I had the door open to get the model number the temp went from 8 to 16

That is the one, thank you. At the lower rear inside of the freezer there is an area there that you can see that is not flat with the rest of the upper wall.

Look at that small part near the bottom. Can you see a very thin coat of frost on that wall about a foot tall?

Also behind that part of the wall is a fan, and at the top rear inside is a vent. Can you feel light airflow out of that vent?

Barry
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I don't see any frost and I seem to feel a slight air flow from the vent

I understand, thank you.

Have you heard it shut off at 8 degrees?

Also from the rear have you heard a buzz or a click once in a while?

Barry
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

With the FF going it keeps running. I was concerned about stopping that. There is a digital interface on the front of the freezer and I have it set zero degrees

At the lower rear where you looked for frost earlier, there are about 7 phillips screws that you can take off to remove that panel. You can leave it running unless there are lights very near that panel that could break. Remove that panel and take a look at the coils behind it. From the top to the bottom of those coils are they lightly frosted throughout? Heavily frosted in some areas and frosted lightly in others or is only half of the coil frosted? Take your time.

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Barry: I have a technician scheduled to come out Tuesday. Our Freezer is loaded with product. I am afraid if I keep opening the door the product will defrost. I think my best bet is to wait for the Technician. Thanks for your help. I just thought there might be a simple answer I could resolve. I don't have any where to put all our material in the freezer and don't want it to defrost

I understand completely. To finish answering your question, on your model the sensor is behind that wall I was describing on the left. Also at the bottom of that same wall is an intake vent, that should be clear so take a look for ice in that area and things that may have fallen and blocked it. I really suspect from the description you are going to have a coolant leak but the only way to know for sure is to look at those coils. I really do not think the sensor will be the problem because on your model the display shows an error code. If the sensor goes bad it will either be open or closed and either of those shows an error and you will not have normal numbers showing.

Please ask if you have questions and thank you for the opportunity.
Barry
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for your patience

You are very welcome, have a great rest of the weekend.

Barry
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Will you send me an E-mail with the information we have discussed

XXX@XXXXXX.XXX
I cannot email but our customer service can email I believe (CLICK HERE FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE), also if you would like you can save this page to your favorites and return at anytime to view or post again. It is free for 30 days but viewing is free forever. Also if you have a printer you can press ctrl and p at the same time to print this page. And lastly you can click file at the top left in your browser if yours have that option, then click save or save as, then save the webpage complete. You will then have a complete copy of this page on your computer.

Thanks,
Barry
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.