Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

My brand new Kenmore stoves oven wont heat beyond 287 degrees

My brand new Kenmore stove's oven won't heat beyond 287 degrees F. What's wrong? HELP! I have to bake coookies for a funeral thins afternoon! HELP! XXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Is this a gas or electric oven may I ask? And would you happen to have a model number?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It's an electric. And here's the number that the salesman, XXXXX XXXXX, wrote on a card on the sales date, July 23: XXXXXXXXXXX Oh, that's probably HIS number. I'm TRYING to find a model number. WHERE shall I look for it?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
So the model would be located on a sticker around the frame of the oven and could be seen if you oopen the door or remove the drawer below the door if you have one.

Also, do you have a multimeter to test power by chance?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Model Number:(NNN) NNN-NNNN

Nope, I don't have a multimeter.

I'll rate your service when I get a useful answer. And I should NOT have to pay any $58 for this, because the stove is brand-new. Thanks.

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

Since I am inviting you back to do any of these, do not use a 1 or 2 rating or this will likely NOT help you get a satisfactory answer. It will delay our task, and it tends to be depressing for the expert trying to help you, often right at the beginning of the exchange, before we have accomplished our task.

I know the rating system is somewhat complicated, but you do not have to do a negative rating in order not to pay or to get your deposit back.

In addition, a negative rating only serves to rate the expert doing his/her utmost to help you. The expert also will not get paid under these circumstances.

Negative ratings do not cover site problems, delays, or anything else on the site that might annoy you, as experts are only involved in trying to answer your questions.

Negative ratings do not cover posts that do not come through, or any other difficulties...experts face those just as you do. This includes frustrations that you might have had before meeting your expert.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. But, it is up to your honor to click a smiley face and make sure that I am compensated for my time and effort. Please realize we are only compensated PER smiley per click and from bonuses, so extensive time with you would hopefully stimulate your consideration of this aspect of the system.

YOu have it set for celsius instead of Farenhieght.

graphic

Let me know if that works

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
DId that work for you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, it worked, and I've just sent a message saying so, but is this where I leave my rating? If so, Chas gets a high rating from me. He answered my question perfectly. But I still shouldn't have to pay $58. Because the stove is brand-new, and the factory perhaps should have set the scale to Fahrenheit, rather than Celcius, and I've bought a very expensive service contract. Thank you again, Chas. High rating from me.

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
now you can rate me... Glad we got it working

Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech