Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line

I have a kitchenaid dw model kuds24seb1. The pump is making

I have a kitchenaid dw model kuds24seb1. The pump is making noise I am trying to disassemble it I am holding the wash rotor with a wrench I am trying to take the bolt out but I can not get it loose. It turns while the wash rotor is stationary I am assuming the bolt goes into the motor shaft. Is there anywhere I can lock up the shaft so I can back this bolt out. I am assuming the bolt is not reverse thread. Thx

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 33 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 50,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt.

Im sorry to say if you are holding the impellor and turning the bolt and the shaft is turning means the impellor is broken anf you will have to break the impellor off I normally use a pair of pliers and sqweeze it to break the plastic impellor

you can hold the motor rotor to remove the impellor , but you have to remove the pump and motor assembly from the dishwasher .

The best way is to just break it off and replace it ,the plastic had softened and allowed the impellor to just turn on the shaft it was originaly a D shape to lock it on to the shaft.

CLICK HERE for part info

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Perfect. I thought about cutting it w/ dermal just wanted to hear it before I did it. Thx. Bill