Jason, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  15yrs experience

how do I remove the water filter on my Kenmore model 106.

how do I remove the water filter on my Kenmore
model 106.56663500

Thank you for using Just Answer. I will be glad to assist you in your answer. Think about safety when doing repairs, electric, water, gas, ect.

Ok, the cap that covers the filter acts as an extension to help get the filter out. Press the triangular button to the left of the filter all the way in. This will release the filter, and it will slide out now. When installing the new filter, put filter cap on, and take off the red caps that came with the filter. Press filter in with the solid portion of the filter cap at the top. Press in all the way until the button goes in and pops back out. Then the filter is in correctly. Run a tea pitcher of water at the dispenser after installing filter, then you are good to go. You may get air and water spurts when filling tea picture. If this information has assisted you, please give me a good to great rating.....Thank you

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

what fiter do I need

Part#(NNN) NNN-NNNN about $50 range.....Thanks again