Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

All control buttons are dead. I have replaced the control

All control buttons are dead. I have replaced the control board, same problem.
A.C. supply is o.k. Any thing I can do to fix the problem
Model No. MDB6709AWW1
Serial No. F0A116082
Type 575-0
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If you're certain that there is power getting to the dishwasher, remove the kick panel below the dishwasher and look for the 3" x 3" sheet metal box with the wire connections in it. Turn the circuit breaker off to the dishwasher or unplug the dishwasher before servicing. Remove the cover plate and look at the wire connections to see if any of the wires in the junctions box have shorted out. If they have been shorted or melted, you'll need to cut them back and re-wire them. If you find nothing at all wrong with the connections, then your fuse or control panel (not the control board you just replaced) is just shorted for one reason or another and the fuse or control board inside the door will need to be ordered and replaced. You can't test the control panel but you can test the fuse. Below is a link to a video that will show you how to take the door apart to test the fuse and replace whatever part is faulty.   Once the fuse is removed, just check continuity if you have a multimeter to determine if the fuse is bad or not.  If the fuse doesn't have continuity then replace it.  If you don't have a multimeter, then just order and replace the fuse as it will be cheaper than buying a multimeter and it will give you the same answer.

Now the fuse on your particular dishwasher doesn't look exactly like the one in the video. It's the small dime sized round device that clips onto the control board I'm afraid.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm back on the job after the weekend. I've checked the fuse which is ok. I also checked the AC input, no corrosion no overheat. I've also checked the sensors switches on the door, they're ok. Before proceeding further I would like to check with you if the control board received is the right one. The original part no. was W10255103 Rev.B,
The new part no is W10298356.

Please note that when I apply the power I hear a click, which I believe to be the water input solenoid and that's all. All buttons are inoperative.

What should I check next. Thank you.