Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have an amana fridge that has water beneath it. I have inspected

I have an amana fridge that has water beneath it. I have inspected all the lines and connections and found no evidence of water. There is no apparent accumulation of water or water spots on the bottom pan of the unit. However, the overflow pan was totally full. Is it possible due to the hot and humid weather even with air conditioning that the water leak is the over flow pan. If yes then how often should the pan be checked. I have had this amanasrd20s4 for about 17 years and never had this situation. What are your thoughts and recommendations?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So if you have humid whether and the ambient temperature is hot, then that could definitely cause the excess condensation. I would drain out the pan completely , clean the condenser coils below the refrigerator if there is dust and dirt build up on them and check to make sure the door seals are all sealing up tightly. If everything looks good, just wait 24 hours and check the pan again. The unit goes into defrost every 8-10 hours so you should see excess water build up by then. Hopefully cleaning the coils and making sure the door seals up is enough to stop the unit from creating too much excess condensation, but I don't think anyone can really tell you how often to inspect the drain pan to make sure it isn't overflowing since that has so many conditions which create the amount of water in the drain pan as a final product.