Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Hello Tim looking online at some help u provided on maytag

Hello Tim looking online at some help u provided on maytag bravos quiet series dryer Found what I am assuming is dryer belt off Found it while back was off and I was checking exhaust. How do I get to motor / pulley to reinstall
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you have a model number so that I can see how your dryer comes apart please? The model should be located on a sticker just inside the door way.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
MEDB400VQ0 or 0
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Perfect, thank you. OK so this dryer is really hard to access.  You'll need to look underneath the dryer because likely a belt has come off and you need to see take the front panel off to see the belt. To do this, open the door and there are 2 hidden clips between the top panel and the front panel.  Use a putty knife and push on the two hidden metal spring clips that hold the top panel to the front panel.  These clips are located in the crease between the top and front panel.  If both clips are pushed back, the top panel will unclip and hinge up and backwards so that you can access the screws coming into the top of the front panel.  There are also 2 screws below the door way.  Remove these screws and the front panel will hinge forward and down.  Then you can see inside the dryer but you really need to remove the front drum support in order to access the belt. 

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can see two plastic clips at top left and right of dryer but not having any luck prying top up and off front
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
They are not plastic, they are metal. They are hard to locate because they are inside the seam between the top panel and the front panel. The only way to access them is to open the door. They are about 3 inches or so I would guess from the right and left side.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Got it open thanks now going to try and access the blower motor found belt just lying on bottom side when cleaning back
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Aye, it's difficult to put on, but once you remove the front panel you should be able to put it on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Accessing screws now will reply again once completed belts looks good not sure yet why it came off. Maybe when I pulled dryer from wall to chech hose and exhaust
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
I don't think the belt came off from moving the dryer, but normally it pops off from a heavy load inside the dryer when you're running it? Either way, good luck!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pulley on top off blower motor had come off threads and was lying on top of motor I think I got pulley back on okay and routed belt back onto both pulleys.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Make sure to use loc-tite or that pulley will come off again. That's a fairly common issue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I tighten fully the pulley? I could not find how to hold motor still while threading pulley u get so tight then motor turns as u try to thread all the way. Also where do u apply lock tight
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
You apply the Loc-Tite on the shaft threads where the pulley screws onto. You can't tighten the pulley all that well which is why you need loc-tite.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks again my wife will be amazed when she gets home. I am one of those Federal govt people getting furloughed one day every week my days are Fridays.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Ah, I'm sorry to hear that but I'm glad it was productive and I was able to help you fix your problem today.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Problem solved thanks
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
No problem and glad I could help.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.