Rick
Rick, Repair Guy
Experience:  25 years service experience as a technician. Experienced on both high end and regular appliances.

Hi Chas, My built-in GE Advantium (model: SCB2001KSS ) just

Customer Question

Hi Chas,
My built-in GE Advantium (model: SCB2001KSS ) just stopped working. No clock, and no lights. It looks as if there is no power to it. I tried resetting the breaker, but did not help. Any advice?
thanks,
-Masood
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Rick replied 11 months ago.

repairguy :

Hello my name is XXXX, X will assist you today

repairguy :

There is a fuse located inside the unit that is most likely blown.

repairguy :

Most likley you will need to remove this from the wall and then remove the cover to get access to the fuse

repairguy :

Do you have a multimeter

Customer :

I see. Can I access this switch? or replace it?

Customer :

No

repairguy :

yes you can change this part yourself

repairguy :

I would recommend that you pick up at least a cheap multimeter so you can test a few parts once you remove the cover

repairguy :

I can give you a link for the fuse right away if you want to preorder it. It is under $10 im sure

Customer :

So its most likely the fuse? Which cover do I remove? This is the built-in unit model: SCB2001KSS

repairguy :

Yes most likely this is the problem, I took a look at the unit I know what it looks like, you will need to uninstall the unit and remove the outer cover

Customer :

I see ...any visuals on how to go about these steps?

repairguy :

Here is the link for the part

repairguy :

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Line-Fuse/WB27X10388/875392?RCAID=1000116

repairguy :

I cant see your unit, so I am not much help on uninstalling it, is it in a wall or over a range?

repairguy :

As far as once you have it down, just take out screws in cabinet and it will come right off

Customer :

Try this model number: SCB2001KSS002

repairguy :

ok the same part, looks like it would be installed over a cooktop is that right?

Customer :

No

Customer :

Its over an oven

repairguy :

With a trim kit around it to make it look like one unit

Customer :

Nope..its looks like 2 units

repairguy :

Is there a trim kit or did the drywall right up next to it

repairguy :

I need to change locations, i will be off my computer for about 30 minutes, I can check back with you as soon as I arrive at next location, will that work for you? In that time if you can get the unit out we can go forward with the repair

Customer :

There's a cabinet around it. No drywall. I actually don't have a clue how to take down the unit. Visuals would help

repairguy :

The only visuals I have are the parts breakdown, which does not show install, let me see if I can get those for you. I will be gone for 30 minutes and then be back,sorry for any delay but we will get this this morning

Customer :

ok thanks

repairguy :

I am back it took a little longer than I thought to get here. Any luck removing the unit?

repairguy :

Full Size Image
this is the installation manual for your unit, I hope this sheds some light on how your unit was installed

repairguy :

Were you able to get the unit uninstalled?

repairguy :

I never heard back from you, were you able to uninstall the unit?

repairguy :

Is there anything I can do to assist you