Rick
Rick, Repair Guy
Experience:  25 years service experience as a technician. Experienced on both high end and regular appliances.
15929851

My question is to do with my Fisher & Paykel dishdrawer. After

My question is to do with my Fisher & Paykel dishdrawer. After many (10?) years the cycle in the top drawer almost always stops when it is about 30 minutes from the end. At that point the lid comes up and the drawer occasionally beeps to draw my attention to it. I suspect that the problem is overheating since if I let it cool down, dry off the steam-created condensation, and press the re-start button, it will complete the remaining 30 or so minutes of the cycle. What could be causing this, and how can I fix it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

repairguy :

Hello my name isXXXXX will assist you today

repairguy :

I know it has been a little while since you posted this question, but i just logged on and read it.

repairguy :

I am going to walk you through diagnostics on this unit so we can figure out what is going on when the unit stops

repairguy :

When the drawer does alert you is there any thing flashing in the display?

Customer:

No. It simply stops, the lid goes up. It just appears the same way as if someone had hit the pause button.

repairguy :

Do you know how to put the unit is diagnostics

Customer:

No, I have not had to do that before.

repairguy :

Is it both drawers or just one?

repairguy :

First thing remove all pieces from the drawer, even the bottom metal piece, leave motor in place

Customer:

Just the top drawer. OK, understood what I have to remove.

repairguy :

With the power off, push the lock button and then immediately the start/pause button, hold unit you see 188 appear on the display, the hit start pause button and tell me if any fault codes come up, then hit power button one time and you should see HO let me know when you are this far

Customer:

hold on, let me transfer to a mobile device so I can be at the dishdrawer

Customer: Ok. At HO now
repairguy :

were there any error codes

repairguy :

now start is the selector and lock is the on/off

Customer: No. But the screen had all sorts of symbols on it
repairguy :

push start til you get to FU and hit lock, that is the fill valve and let me know how the pressure looks of the water coming into the machine, you can open the door in this mode to visually check

repairguy :

Turn off by hitting lock again

Customer: Water entering
repairguy :

Did the water come in at a pretty good pace?

repairguy :

Did you stop water yet

repairguy :

Hello?

Customer:

Sorry, I had to leave the house and my note to that effect never went out to you. I will come back to this tomorrow. Thanks for your patience.

repairguy :

Not a problem we will get it fixed for you

Rick, Repair Guy
Experience: 25 years service experience as a technician. Experienced on both high end and regular appliances.